Thursday, March 30, 2006

*ring..........ring* "Hello? MINDCRIME!

On Tuesday, April 4, 2006, Queensryche will be releasing their new album, Operation: Mindcrime II. For anyone that does not know who Queensryche is and is a fan of hard rock music, do yourself a favor and check them out.

I know some people will say, "Oh.........They sang Silent Lucidity? I know them." *SMACK* Please don't ever just associate them with that song. They are definitely not all about sappy 1980's type power ballads!

I know that I am going to expect that this sequel to be as good as the original. I have to just look at it as a separate album and not be disappointed if it's not up to par with the original. Former member and guitarist Chris DeGarmo is not a part of this album, but from what I read, Ronnie James Dio is singing as "DR. X", a character that never actually sang on the first album, but was a main part of the story. Go to Wikpedia for a history on the band and a description of the original concept album from 1988, Operation: Mindcrime.

12:01am - "I remember now................"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta give the ol hair band credit for putting out new stuff.

Mike said...

I always liked them. I saw them recently. My company has corporate seats to avenue out her and I went to see them and Judas Priest. Geoff Tate (lead singer) still sounded great.

Jenn said...

Yea and what's his name from Judas Priest had more costume changes than a Cher concert! lol But yes, Geoff Tate still sounded pretty good.