Friday, April 07, 2006

Did I really think it would be better?

So I picked up the new Queensryche album on Tuesday. I went to Best Buy and looked all over for it. I finally had to ask someone. He then walked me over to a box on the floor........cut it open..........and handed me one. I guess I was the only idiot excited about Operation: Mindcrime II.

So it's been three days and I've listened to it about a half dozen times and like I predicted would happen.............I'm comparing it to the original. It's growing on me, but still doesn't have the sold songs like Operation: Mindcrime, I Don't Believe in Love, or Eyes of a Stranger. It's definitely not as dark as OMI.

The story is good and if you just read the lyrics. Nikki gets out of Jail after 18 years and is focused on revenge and killing Dr. X. You can also tell that he's losing his mind. There are definite conflicts going on in his head. I have yet to listen to both albums back to back to get the compete story all at once to see if it flows.

Queensryche is touring this summer and promises to perform both albums with actors and images portraying the story as it unfolds. I've seen them three times and saw them do OMI once. Everyone really gets into it. I know I'm going.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Truthfully I can't wait to actually see them act the whole thing out. I mean, I kinda get the whole story....but it will be cool to see it that way.