Monday, October 23, 2006

You know what pisses me off?

  1. Saturday morning, after finishing my breakfast, my doorbell rings. As I'm walking to the door, I can see two homely looking women standing on my steps. I yell out, "Oh shit!! Jehovah's Witnesses" My wife immediately said, "BE NICE!!". So I answer the door: "Hello. We are here to spread God's word." They hand me a pamphlet which reads, "The End of False Religion is Near". So I say, "OK." and shut the door. They just turn and walk away. I felt like telling them, "Sure........why don't you come in. My wife and I are almost done making our porno with our neighbors." Apparently the same thing happened to one of my co-workers Saturday also!! WTF?!?! Was their some mass religious movement that I didn't know about?!?! Look, if I want to hear about you and your wacky beliefs, I'll go to your church. Until then, STAY OFF MY FUCKING PROPERTY!!!
  2. While I was playing with my daughter and watching football (*points at all the Eagles fans* HA HA!!!!!), I saw a bunch of Lexus commercials come on with each of them boasting about how their new cars can parrallel park themselves!! Ummmm...........last time I checked, this was a major part of the driving test. If you can't perform this task, you shouldn't be driving!! Are we really becoming that lazy and unskilled of a society that we need our cars to park themselves?? This commercial made me not want to buy any Lexus (or Toyota) product now. I know they make quality cars and trucks, but seriously, what happens the first time this thing malfunctions and hits another car, or actually runs over someone?!?! Think McFly, THINK!!!!

13 comments:

Jenn said...

You should always be nice though, no matter what. =o)

Melissa said...

I thought that was the weirdest commercial too. That is one thing that shouldn't be messed with.

Mike, the religious folks all come out to be annoying around Halloween. They want to try and save us. I just pelt them with candy corn and ask them if they want to see my alter and they run and hide.

Metal Mark said...

We lived in a dump for a few years while saving money to have a house built. Jehova's Witness would stop there all the time. Now we live in a more decent place and they never come.

Anonymous said...

Yup - had them at our house too! I don't answer the door...

Anonymous said...

I've lived fairly close to a Jehovah Witness church for about 5 years and they have never come around knocking. I keep waiting for that day to happen. It's inevitable.

:P fuzzbox said...

Long ago after a major house party. I answered the door wearing nothing but my breifs and a cowboy hat. I never had problems with Jehovah's Witnesses at that abode again.

Parellel parking is pretty much an obsolete form of parking anyway.

Mike said...

Babe - Yeah, you always tell me to be nice. I try.

Melissa - I'm gonna shoot them with a bb gun next time!!

Mark - What's weird is that there aren't any sidewalks where we live. There's more animals than people!

Cathy - Thru them down tghe hill onto the highway next time!

Fred - Maybe they think that you're one of them since you live there. That could be the key!

Fuzz - Living in Northern NJ there are still a lot of places where you have to parallel park. Either way, I tink we're all becoming to lazy.

Jenn said...

Metal Mark - are you trying to say we live in a dump?!?!?!?!? =\

Anonymous said...

If you really don't want Jehovah's witnesses to call on you, just call their local place of worship and they will respectfully not call on you. They only call because they care about you and your eternal welfare.

Anonymous said...

Damn, I never thought of it that way. I could be living in some kind of weird "Wickerman" like neighborhood for all that I know!

Anonymous said...

We get the religious freaks all the time. We live above my in-laws so the freaks go there first. My father-in-law will hold them up and my mother-in-law phones upstairs.

My wife and I love to mess with them. One time I grabbed some meat from the fridge and went Blackie Lawless on them. Another time my wife and I answered the door in our underwear. Other times I would ask them stupid questions.

The best time was when I opened the door with a coat hanger so they couldn't see me. There was a pause, a few "hellos" and I jumped out screaming. They jumped a mile.

It's a bad thing to do but if they are going to annoy me at all hours on my property then they will pay the price!

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i can't stand it when they knock on my door but then again i never answer. you were nice for even answering!

Jeff said...

About the car, I was watching the news and they did a little segment about it and it actually doesn't look too easy to parallel park even when the car is doing it for you. It looked as if you had to punch all this stuff into the onscreen dashboard thing and had to use the brakes. I think I would feel safer parallel parking myself, I don't quite trust computers which I have to program doing it for me.