Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stop blaming the music!!

Let me start by saying that I am definitely not a fan of rap music, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. OK, now on with the post.

On the way in to work this morning, I heard something about how rap music is causing young kids to be more sexually active and causing a rise in teen pregnancy. *insert hysterical laughter* OK, wait............*regains composure*, you're telling me that rap music is making kids horny? HELLO!! Kids (especially boys) are ALWAYS HORNY and always want sex!!! The music has nothing to do with it. When I was a kid, (ok now I sound like a complaining old man shaking his finger at the world) rock music was the big thing. There were songs like "Girls, Girls, Girls", "Cherry Pie", "Slow and Easy", "Let's Put the X in Sex", and "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and always very beautiful women in the videos writhing around on the hoods of cars, or having water poured all over them. I already knew what was hot, that I liked women, and wanted to have sex with all of them. I didn't need music to tell me that I should be horny. Music has been blamed for kids sexual activity since Elvis shook his pelvic bone around. Come on people.

My parents taught me what was right, wrong, disrespectful, etc, so I knew I had to control my urges (at least a little). The music I listened to had nothing to do with how I felt. What was Jimmy Swaggart's excuse for screwing Jessica Hahn?? I guess it's a good thing I don't go to church and listen to those hymns huh?

12 comments:

Metal Mark said...

I think some groups are always looking at someone to blame. Some things are human nature and for kids, it's up to parents to talk to them. Doesn't always work I am afraid, but I still think it's a better way than blaming some third party.

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i'm with ya. i dont think that any song would make a kid horny. we were horny regardless of what we watched or listened to. plenty of church kids that weren't allowed to listen to that STILL were horny. good point.

Jenn said...

You controlled urges? When? =oP

Anonymous said...

cruisin down the street in my six-fo''
jockin the bitches, slappin the hoes
went to the park to get the scoop
knuckleheads out there cold, shootin some hoops
a car pulls up, who can it be
a fresh El Camino rollin kilo G
he rolled down his window and he started to say
its all about makin that G.T.A.

coz the boys in the hood are always hard
you come talkin that trash, we'll pull ya card
knowin' nutin in life but to be legit'
dont quote me boy coz i aint said shit

Anonymous said...

I love music, but I don't think I can ever remember a single song that has ever made me horny. When I was a teenager, the only thing making me horny were the teenage girls in my vicinity.

Melissa said...

And those church kids who didn't listen to music always seemed to be the ones getting pregnant at 16.

:P fuzzbox said...

The lyrics are just getting more explicit because it takes a lot to shock people these days.

Jeff said...

Although I feel there is way too much lyrical content in rap degrading women, I in no way feel that it is to blame for an increase in sexual activity in boys. As you said, boys are horny and there is nothing you can do to stop that. There is a bit of peer pressure in society pushing younger kids to having sex but it has no relation to rap music and if the kid was brought up right then they should be able to fight off that peer pressure.

Crazy Dan said...

You almosted showed two excellent reason why Stewart had her, to bad you cropped them out. The only thing that has changed is that girls are easier now. Mommy and daddy didn't teach them to say no.

Anonymous said...

They've been blaming music for everything wrong with the world for as long as I can remember. Why don't they try spending their time fixing other problems, like, oh I don't know... hunger and poverty, maybe?

BTW.. The RAND Corp will say anything you want as long as they're well compensated...

David Amulet said...

All I know is that Tawny Kitaen's exploits in the "Here I Go Again" video really should have inspired MORE women to pick up the underappreciated hobby of car-humping.

-- david

Mike said...

Hey Conny, I agree that music can change your mood, but you have control over your own actions. Music isn't tying the rope around your neck, or forcing anyone top have sex.

Thanks for stopping by.