I know that the 41st Super Bowl is only three days away, and I should be talking about that, but I have to recognize this one thing. It has been officially announced that the MLB All Star Game with be held at Yankee Stadium in 2008!
I have to say that I am sad that the original stadium (although modified in the early 70's) will no longer be home to the Bronx Bombers, but I'm happy that it will be center stage that day. It has a lot of history and mystique. If you've never been there, do yourself a favor and go to a game before the end of the 2008 season. I've been to all different types of sports arenas, but there is nothing like walking out of one of the runways at Yankee Stadium and knowing that greats like Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Whitey Ford, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Don Mattingly, and Derek Jeter all played on the same field.
Ok, now for my Super Bowl prediction: Colts over Bears 27-24. I guess we'll see how wrong I am soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'll say Colts 24 Bears 14.
St. Louis is hosting the '09 A-S game. Go Cards!
I'm not sure the Colts will explode offensively and since Manning's been Pickoff Peyton in the playoffs, the score might be a little lower. I'll take the Colts, though.
It seems really, really odd to even CONCEIVE of Yankee Stadium being brushed away. Even though I've been to NYC 6 times, I've never been to Yankee Stadium, though here in Maryland, I've been to what I call "Yankee Stadium South," which is known as Camden Yards at Oriole Park plenty of times for Yankee games!
I have no clue about these games,I do know Babe Ruth is a legend...
Our Big sports are rugby and Criket..;(....
I've been a Yankee fan since I can remember. My grandfather and I would sit on the porch and listen to games. He taught me about the players and pitch counts. Basically everything I needed to know to follow the game.
I've been to Yankee Stadium at least a hundred times and never once went to the Monument area. They'll probably have another in the new field, but it won't be the same. I now have a mission for this summer. Go see as many games as possible and get to see the Monuments.
Colt over Bears - 34 - 20
yankess suck.
lord f
SO GLAD the colts won!
Not a bad prediction, as it turns out ...
- david
Post a Comment