The long weekend started off pretty well. Friday I left work an hour early, got home and then went to a friend’s house. We hung out and I helped him put a window A/C in his living room. – OK, so no problem so far.
Saturday my daughter Allie woke my wife and I woke up at about 4am because she is teething and her gums were bothering her. She’s been doing this for about a week. Did she go back to sleep??? No, that would just be silly. I went out at about 8am to get some cold cuts and bottled water so we could bring our lunch. Suddenly, my right eye began to itch, so I rubbed it a little and it got worse. So I must have then touched my left eye and all of a sudden both of them were burning……………and I mean B-U-R-N-I-N-G!!! I don’t know what the hell happened, but they both became bloodshot, and by bloodshot I mean, no whites at all!!! I got back home and Jenn was like, “So, what kind of cold cuts did you……….OH MY GOD!!!!! What the hell is up with your eyes!! I can’t even look at you!! MY eyes are tearing now…………..” So I take out my contacts to give my eyes a break. All I can figure is that I must have grabbed a shopping cart that had like dry raw meat juice on it or something and then touched my eyes.
My mother gets to our house to watch Allie for us at about 9:15am so that we would have plenty of time to get out to PA to go rafting at 12:45pm.
*ring* *ring* - “Hello. Hey Bill, what’s up? What *sigh* I don’t think we can make it by 11:45am. I’ll call you when we’re on our way. If we’re late, just go without us.”
CRAP! Jenn and I start rushing all over the house getting things together. Apparently the time got changed and the only guy that knew was the one that set the whole thing up!! We hop in my car and fly down the highway. We meet Bill and his wife Jeanmarie at a hotel off Rte 80 just over the Delaware River so we can take one car the rest of the way. We get a call while we’re in route from the guy that set up the trip. He says that the bus doesn’t leave until 12:20pm, so we should be ok. We had a great time………….13 miles on the river just enjoying the day. We get home and passed out at about 9:30pm. It was all good.
BTW..............Bill's cell phone ringer for his wife Jeanmarie is "Sit on My Face" from Monty Python. I proceeded to sing that over and over in my head the rest of the day.
Sunday Allie woke up at 6:30am …………….YES!! 6 fucking 30!!! I never thought I’d be so happy to wake up at 6:30am, on a long weekend. Jenn goes out to get McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches and hash browns *drool*. Everything is going well. Allie goes down for a nap at 9:30………..perfect. I throw a load of laundry in while Jenn is putting her down. After about 20 minutes of watching SportsCenter, I decide to go downstairs to clean the cats’ litterbox.
*gets up….goes downstairs* “SHIT!!!!”
“What?”
“There’s water all over the fucking floor again!!!”
(the basement flooded previously the day Allie was born due to a nasty rainstorm)
The damn drain hose from the machine got loose and dumped a full loads worth of water all over the carpet!! *goes in the garage, gets wet vac…………goes to neighbors house, borrows his also. Cut to wife and I wet vacuuming the floor for 2 hours.* Thank god Allie was sleeping. So I get that all cleaned up……..rig the hose, and then goes to take a shower. Went to a BBQ at 4pm and had a great time. Allie was very well behaved and was hamming it up for everyone. 11:30pm……………sleep.
Monday, we get up to go car shopping with my mother. She’s likes the Altima so we go and check it out for her. Long story short, everything was going well. My wife and I haggled for my mother (since we both used to work for a major auto manufacturer). The price is settled on and Jenn and I leave to go back to my mom’s so Jenn can feed the baby. I go back to the dealer after about 30 minutes while Allie takes a nap. I walk in to see my mother in the finance office signing everything………..I look at the price ant with taxes and license, it’s now $1,000 more than we were told it would be with everything. *UGH* I KNEW I SHOULDN’T HAVE LEFT!* Anyway, I spoke to the sales manger and some of it taken care of. She loves the car, so that’s all that matters. Off to yet another BBQ to hang with another couple and their two boys (I was holding the 5 month and making him play air drums to Master of Puppets. He loved it. *takes a bow* thank you, thank you……..and other metal head is born).
Got home at 9pm…………put Allie to sleep……………….pass out.
Any questions?


7 comments:
LOL- i love that you have your yankee's hat on !
Seriously the eye thing was scary looking. The minute I looked at him my eyes starting pouring tears. It was freaky. He looked evil.
i cracked up at that ringtone! and nice pic!
I'm sorry but I can't help laughing. I don't know which is funnier, your post or your wife calling you evil. Too dam funny.
Hey.
I am SO glad that more people know about the ringtone thing.
Thanks!
Still no tag yet huuh? hmmmph
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
Post a Comment