So we're back from S.C. and all I have to say is thank God for the DVD player! It was nice to see everyone.Again, I'm sorry that I haven't been posting or getting to to may of your blogs, but I was laid off from my job just before we left for South Carolina. I've been home with my daughter during the day and have spent most of my free time talking to recuiters and applying for jobs. I guess I should have known that when a small company called me out of the blue six months ago to come and work for them (more money and closer to home) that it was too good to be true. I was told they were looking to change and grow by the VP in the interview, but when he "quit", things slowly went back to the way they were and over the next three months, most people he hired were also let go.
I will do my best to check in when I can. For now, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting since I have other things I have to take care of. (like upgrading the electric in the house; "220, 221.......whatever it takes")

9 comments:
Good luck with the job hunt. I'm still looking for the right job myself and being Mr. Mom in the process.
Best of luck. The good news is that you'll find something better, even if it takes time.
Tough times don't last--tough people do.
-- david
Good luck, Mike. Hope it all turns out well.
Hey Mike,
MB has their parts pricing specialist job open!!!!!
Denise
Thanks guys. Hopefuly I'm not home too long.
Denise - Yeah, I know. I just interviewed for it this morning. I used you as a reference.
Good luck with everything, I hope everything works out...
Ouch, I've been laid off before, and it's no fun. I'm sure you'll find something soon. Good luck.
Crap, sorry to hear this, brother. Best of luck to you!
I'm the girl who works with a lot of manly guys...ironworkers, plumbers, cops & electicians. Anytime they are talking about doing (alot of times re-doing) anything electrical I always chime in with the "220, 221...whatever it takes". My husband (ironworker) is the only one who knows what i'm talking about & it makes him laugh, so it's worth the WTF looks I get from the others. Anyway, he broke his elbow earlier this year and by the time he was due to return to work we were trying to figure out how he could stay home and be Mr. Mom. Unfortunately, we didn't come up a plan. We did end up with a new front porch & garden pond.
Post a Comment