Has anyone else seen the Old Spice commercial with Bruce Campbell? He’s all dressed up and is wearing something that Mr. Howell would wear. He stands up from the leather chair he’s sitting in, with a fireplace at his side and begins walking around the room. He says things like,
“If you have it, you don’t need it.”
“If you don’t have it, you want it.”
“You need it to get more of it.”
“Without it, you can’t get any of it.”
At first, I was like, “What the hell is this? Is he doing a spot for some financial company?” As he continues to walk around, you notice a picture of an old sail ship behind him that never ends as goes around the room. He finally ends by sitting in another leather chair, but on the opposite side of the fireplace. It ends with the tag flashing “Experience is everything – Old Spice” on the screen.
I just found it unusual that Old spice would use him as a spokes person. Anyway, thanks to my friend Bill, here's the commercial:
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I had the Jets-Pats game on the other day muted because I was listening to a cd, watching my son and cleaning at the same time. I saw this commecial come on and I ran across the room to get the sound on. It was a really weird commercial, but funny. However I may be one of the few people that liked it. Although it would have been cooler if he would have grabbed himself by the throat and did a front flip.
am, I knew this was coming on and refused to leave the house, or move from the TV, while the commercials were on all day Sunday until I saw it. I could have cared less about the actual football game itself. While the game was on, i wandered the house doing things that needed to be done. As soon as the commercials started, I was glued tot the TV. Yes, I am a GEEK!!!
In case you wish to watch it again, you can download it here:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/other/business/20070108adco2.mov
Or just watch it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1OxkFOK18
If you do watch it, look for the chainsaw next to the fireplace at the beginning.
Mark - I knew I wasn't the only one to notice that was him. I enjoyed it.
Bill - FINALLY you posted! I had a feeling you would on this. Thanks for the link. I couldn't find it on Youtube.
I was about to say that I had no clue this ever aired on TV but apparently missed it during the game. Pretty funny stuff. Front flip, indeed! Bandaged face ala Darkman might've sent the wrong image, but there would've been a subtle kitsch to it.
OMG there's a chainsaw in the begining?!?!? I didn't see that!
Ok, I obviously need to pay better attention next time it's on.
I'll tell ya what, it's totally addicting....cause it keeps playing over and over in my head.
I love the walk-around-the-room thing. I'm with Mark, it's hilarious.
-- david
I saw this and loved it. I cannot wait for "they call me bruce."
Mike, my grandfather wore old spice. The scent always reminds me of him.
Hope your new year is off to a great start!
Take care!
Mark & I saw it for the first time on Sunday! We were totally cracking up!! Missed the chainsaw, though!! Loved the never ending boat painting!
Cool commercial!
Next they'll probably get the Spice Girls to do an ad. Who knew Old Spice would attempt such a comeback!
-- david
Ah, the greatest actor of our time! I agree with Mark though. The flip would have been great.
Ray - The flip would have been cool.
Babe - Yeah, I saw the chainsaw afer I talked to Bill and he pointed it out.
David - Glad to see that I'm not alone. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the spice girls again.
Green Eyes - My Grandfather did too.
Kath - I knew you and your hubby Mark would enjoy it.
Fuzz - Isn't it?
Fred - The commercial is like this huge inside joke.
Post a Comment