After reading this post over at The Musings of David Amulet, it reminded me of how screwed up our society has become about "protecting" out kids from the dangers that they may encounter. Don't people realize that the more you hide things from people, especially kids, that they just want it more. Here's an example of a cartoon that ran about the dangers of drinking beer, but was pulled after being aired only once. Parts of it cracked me up. I think everyone needs to relax a little and not get so upset about everything.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
All I know is, I now want a beer.
I think we sometimes go overboard on protecting kids from somethings and we aren't protective enough on others. TV is not something I worry about. If I can't explain to my kids why beer is not for them, then I shouldn't have become a parent. Now good versus bad strangers....that is a harder one.
I like how they went to the park to drink the beer. Isn't that how it always is?
I don't know. I watched Bugs and the Roadrunner all through my childhood and never once dropped an anvil on any one.
Ya know I think it is alright if cartoons like the Tiny Toons want to try to prevent drinking in children by airing episodes which show the dangers of drinking. I don't find anything wrong with that, in fact I think it is a good thing. But it is crazy that they would get rid of that episode because they were drinking. I feel they were teaching Kids a good lesson. By the way, that was a great post by David, good link!
Right on, Mike--I'm glad I prompted some responses of REASON. This kind of application of today's morals/standards/beliefs to the past is silly ... and really, really annoying!
-- david
Political correctness has gone way too far overboard.
The problem is that most people don't care and the world has to change for the few that do!
Post a Comment